martes, 8 de diciembre de 2009

Gracias Nelly Furtado!


Last week I had some problems on the facebook's page that I administer since 2 years ago, the topic was about using English instead of Spanish for the messages for fans, well that page was created to promote Mexico on facebook, specially for international fans, I mean people who came to Mexico, for them to recommend visiting Mexico to friends, or for those who are dreaming about coming to my country.

But yesterday while looking for new music on youtube, yeah I know, but I don't have MTV at home, so I need to do that once a while, and also check google.cn to be "tuned" on C-Pop, what is a really difficult task when you realize that most of that music is not that good, well at least for western ears, not talking about language, anyway I found Nelly Furtado's new single, Mi Plan featuring Alex Cuba (no idea who he is, sorry) but I was amazed by the rhythm and lyrics of this new song, the way she uses Spanish in this album, reminds me Shakira on her first albums.

So Nelly made me think, and also those weeks in Spain last summer, that the way to make Spanish a worldwide language is trough creating this kind of masterpieces, in music, in plastic arts, in business research, in literature and education, its not about overcoming English as the world language, but maybe is about bringing Spanish back that magic touch, just like Nelly has done.


No hay comentarios: